Unique Wedding Ideas
Your wedding day might seem to fly by, but sometimes the smallest details can make the big day so memorable. Our new guide is overflowing with unique wedding ideas that will help you think outside of the box when it comes to your ceremony, reception, décor, and so much more. At eInvite, we’ve seen our fair share of weddings. We rounded up some of our top tips and trends to keep in mind while you’re in the process of planning your big celebration.
10 Unique Wedding Ideas You’ll Love
- Luxe Lounge Areas: If you’re hosting an outdoor reception, set up different lounge areas for guests to mix and mingle during cocktail hour or the reception. You can create a relaxing lounge area anywhere with couches or chairs and pillows. You can even close off each area with the help of linens or curtains to create a VIP vibe.
- Functional Favors: Nothing beats a wedding favor that your guests can bring home and use every day. Sunglasses and potted succulents are popular choices for summer weddings, while s’mores kits, blankets, and handmade ornaments are popular choices for winter weddings. If you’re planning a sustainable wedding, bird seed, wildflower seeds, or local honey will allow you to stay within the eco-friendly theme.
- Wooden or Neon Signs: Wooden signs just have a certain charm that works especially well for rustic weddings. Think outside of the box by choosing a fun neon sign instead.
- Unexpected desserts: Keep the traditional cake, if you want, but your guests might enjoy a little variety at the end of the evening. Stock your dessert table with personalized cookies, cake pops, candy, or other sweets.
- Creative Libations: If you have a favorite craft beer or liquor, you might consider setting up a tasting bar with a few varieties. You might also order custom labels for water or wine bottles to put your own personal spin on the celebratory beverages. Choose locally brewed beers and spirits. Print fun facts about you and your partner on the cocktail napkins, or make your bar mobile by choosing a cart instead.
- Photo Seating Charts: Assigning seats can be a painstaking process, but you can get the conversation going for your guests by showing them how they’re connected to you or your groom through photo seat assignments.
- Outdoor Lawn Games: Some of the most unique wedding ideas we’ve seen in recent years are taking the fun from the dance floor to the yard. Give your guests plenty to look forward to by setting up croquet, miniature golf, giant Jenga, a ring toss, puzzles, cornhole, and other activities that will get the party started.
- Blast from the Past: Incorporate both of your histories by hanging a series of photos from childhood at your reception. Guests can schmooze and peruse before the fun and frivolity begin.
- Guest Advice: Trade in the old guestbook for advice from your family members and friends. Provide cards or popsicle sticks and pens for them to write with, so they can jot down date ideas or marriage advice for later.
- Drinking Games: Treat your late-night guests to some old-fashioned drinking games, such as flip cup, beer pong, or drunk Jenga. These games are sure to keep the party going long after the last slice of cake is eaten.
There are so many unique wedding ideas that can make your celebration a big success with every kind of guest. If you have any questions about this guide or would like to learn more about our stationery services, please contact us today for additional information or further assistance. Let us know how we can help!